THAI STICKY RICE MANGO

Thai mango sticky rice (khao neeo mamuang) is one of the most delicious sweet dishes that I tried on my trips to Thailand. Full of flavor, sweet and fresh, it seems to me to be a delicious combination of flavors.

It is a kind of rice pudding that is made with coconut cream and served with fresh mango on the side.

During those trips, I enjoyed each and every time I found him in a street stall waiting for me after the corresponding previous good feast. I even got to prepare it in the cooking course I did in Chiang Mai in 2018.

Once back in Spain I missed him a lot, so I didn't stop until I was able to do it at home and travel again. The day I managed to reproduce it in the kitchen of my house in Elche, I felt like a millionaire because wealth has many forms and vehicles.

Now that we are safely confined at home, it is time to take out the traveling recipes and share this delight with you.





THAI GLUTINOUS RICE


mango sticky rice Thai



(On the left grains of glutinous rice and on the right thick rice of ours as always)

The traditional recipe for Mango sticky rice is made using glutinous rice, which is a type of rice that is high in starch. Its name may lead you to think that it contains gluten, although it does not. It must be cooked in a somewhat peculiar way and is, as its name indicates, "sticky", its grains stick to each other.

Glutinous rice is a medium grain and totally white in color when uncooked, instead of having that slightly transparent touch of regular rice.

To be able to substitute it with rice that is easier to find here in Spain, I recommend using coarse grain rice since its starch content is higher than others, even sushi rice can work very well for this very reason.

Whether you can get glutinous rice or not (you can buy it online and in Asian food stores) I bring you the traditional recipe and its adaptation with coarse grain rice so that you can prepare it without problems.

Post a Comment

0 Comments